Why do dogs, including trained service dogs, bury bones?
You’ve seen them – whether it’s an adorable Papillon (the kind whose ears look like butterfly wings) or sturdy service dogs—they’re dressed up like ballerinas on their way to a rehearsal of Sleeping Beauty, carried in posh Louis Vuitton bags, or spoken to while they lie at the feet of Madame who’s feeding bits of […]
Can you imagine getting a dog – even a service dog – to go into the loud, dark tunnel of an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and lie there quietly, without moving, while the machine scans the dog’s brain? I never imagined it could be done or, more accurately, why someone would want to do that – unless, […]
Does a dog’s wagging tale tell us how he’s feeling? Scientists think they may have unlocked a key to the emotional communication of a dog’s wagging tail. Most of us know that a wagging tail expresses not only happiness but a host of emotions. In 2007, Italian researchers reported that a wag to the left […]
Subscribe to My Magic Dog
- How NOT to greet a service dog.
- Annual Gift Round-Up for your Service Dog (or Pet Pooch)
- Keeping Fido Happy and Healthy During the Colder Months
- Giving Thanks To All Our Dog Heroes
- Happy Halloween (boo!)
- Deserting Your Dog in a Disaster
- Book Review: Unsaid
- Dog Ownership: An Infographic
- Cannabis for ailing pets
- Lost Dog? Electronic savior to the rescue!