2. I will stop trying to find the few remaining clean pieces of carpet in the house when I am about to throw up.
3. I will not chew anymore pens, especially the ones with red ink so my people think I am hemorrhaging.
4. When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it’s raining outside.
5. I will stop waking up my humans at 3am because I was too lazy to “go” when they went to bed. (Also, it was too cold.)
6. I will not bark and rush the door each time I hear a door bell on TV.
8. Big dog: I will stop trying to kiss everyone who comes to the front door and therefore ruining the reputation of big dogs everywhere.
Small dog: I will not walk under the big dog when he is peeing.
9. I will not play tug-o’-war with Dad’s underwear when he’s on the toilet.
10. I will not bite the officer’s hand when he reaches in for Mom’s driver’s license and car registration.
11. I will not suddenly stand straight up when I’m lying under the coffee table.
12. I will find out where the garbage collector is taking all our stuff that he’s stealing.
14. I will send more happy vibes into the universe, even for those people who prefer cats!
15. And a personal note from my own service dog, Morgan:
I will stop feeling like a 2nd rate transportation vehicle just because I was named “Morgan” after the kind of horse my mom couldn’t afford and the incredibly expensive car she couldn’t afford either! However, I will not give up smiling at all the children who ask if they can “ride” me.
And, finally, from our favorite Twitter feeds of 2015:
All of them.
Get a degree in petting dogs:
Special thanks to photographer Gloria Yarina for the wonderful photos of our Happy New Year’s Dogs. To see more of her work, just click on her name.