The impending arrival of the New Year brings the inevitable list of resolutions: We vow to lose weight (no more snacking in front of the tv), clean out the garage (and keep it that way), start an exercise program and really stick to it, this time!
We’re all familiar with the promises we make to improve ourselves this new year.
But how may we improve ourselves as pet owners? What new year’s resolutions should dog owners consider? We can learn a lot from our dogs, and here are 20 resolutions that we can, and perhaps should, consider for ourselves:
2. Take a daily walk; listen to the birds.
3. Play every chance you get, and leave your worries behind
4. Be the best you can be, loyal and faithful
5. Always drink plenty of water
6. When someone is troubled, don’t bark. Just cuddle up, sit close and listen
7. Keep digging until you find what you want
9. Live in the moment
10. Even if you’re on a diet, eat with gusto!
11. Avoid biting when a growl will do
12. Accept all life’s treats with gratitude
13. Take time for napping.
14. Find a soulmate at your local shelter
15. Watch and learn new tricks
16. Show you’re happy; wag your tail often and with exuberance!
17. Be more selective in crotch sniffing endeavors
19. Send happy vibes into the universe
20. I will not break wind under the dinner table, even if there is a cat around to blame
Happy New Year to all our faithful readers and a very special WELCOME to our new ones!